Terms and Conditions
ORGANIC INDIA USA is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Our Web sites are designed with numerous precautions to protect users? information. Customer information is appropriately protected in-house as well as online. Sensitive information (such as a credit card account number) is protected by Secure Socket Layer encryption. While on a secure page, such as an order form, the lock icon at the bottom of a webpage becomes locked, rather than open (or unlocked) as when the user is simply "surfing" the Web. In addition, access to users' information is restricted within our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
(in terms and conditions)
Terms and Conditions
Note that Section 16 of these Terms contains a mandatory arbitration provision that requires each of us to the use of binding arbitration on an individual basis and limits the remedies available to us in the event of certain disputes. By agreeing to these Terms, each of us is giving up our right to bring our disputes before a jury or as a member of class action.
By accessing or using the services provided by ORGANIC INDIA USA or our parent corporations, subsidiaries or other affiliates (collectively, “ORGANIC INDIA USA,” “we,” “us” or “our”) through our websites or blogs, (collectively, the “Sites” and together with such services, the “Services”) you agree to be bound by these Terms and all of the terms incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use the Services in any way or order, receive or use the food products and/or dietary supplements made available through the Services (collectively, the “Products”).
If you are using the Services on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity’s behalf and that such entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or such entity violates these Terms.
The ORGANIC INDIA USA reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending you an email notification or providing notice through the Sites. By continuing to access or use the Services in any way after such notice has been provided, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference. We encourage you to review the Terms frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Services or order, receive or use the Products. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, you are free to reject them, but in that case you may not access or use the Services or order, receive or use the Products.
- The ORGANIC INDIA USA Products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. The information, statements, and images used by the ORGANIC INDIA USA have not been reviewed by the Food & Drug Administration. Commitment to any of the ORGANIC INDIA USAs does not and is not meant to replace medical care. If you have an existing medical condition, including if you are actively trying to conceive, pregnant, or nursing, or take any medications, please consult with your doctor before committing to any of the ORGANIC INDIA USAs or making any ORGANIC INDIA USA recommended changes to your diet or exercise program. Please visit our Health Disclaimer page for more information.
- Eligibility. The Services are not targeted toward or intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you (a) are 18 years of age or older, (b) have not been previously suspended or removed from the Services, or engaged in any activity that could result in suspension or removal from the Services, and (c) have full power and authority to enter into these Terms and in so doing will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
- Registration, Account and Communication Preferences. In order to access and use certain areas of the Sites or features of the Services, you will have the option to register for an ORGANIC INDIA USA account. By creating an account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete account information, (b) maintain and promptly update from time to time as necessary your account information, (c) maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to your account and the information you provide to us, and (d) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Services or your account.
By creating an ORGANIC INDIA USA account, you also consent to receive electronic communications from ORGANIC INDIA USA (e.g., via email or by posting notices to the Sites). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. We may also send you promotional communications via email, including, but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
- Terms of Sale.
- 5.1 Subscriptions.
- (a) Plans. In addition to selling products individually, The ORGANIC INDIA USA offers a subscription service where we offer various subscription plans for the recurring delivery of our products (each purchase of any such plan, a “Subscription”). Our product offerings and available Subscription plans are described on our website, as applicable, at the time of purchase, and are subject to change at any time prior to purchase.
- (b) AUTOMATIC RENEWAL OF SUBSCRIPTION. WHEN YOU PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) ORGANIC INDIA USA (OR OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR) IS AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE YOU ON THE PERIODIC BASIS DESIGNATED BY YOUR CHOSEN SUBSCRIPTION PLAN FOR THE PRICE OF YOUR CHOSEN SUBSCRIPTION (IN ADDITION TO ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES SET FORTH DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS) FOR AS LONG AS YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CONTINUES, AND (B) YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL YOU CANCEL IT OR WE SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SUBSCRIPTION. THE RECURRING CHARGES FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SET FORTH DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS.
- (c) CANCELLATION POLICY. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION SHIP DATE PRIOR TO INVOICE DATE, PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AT CLEANPROGRAM.COM AND MODIFY YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AS NEEDED. YOU MAY ALSO EMAIL email@example.com PRIOR TO THE INVOICE DATE. IF CANCELLATION OCCURS AFTER THE INVOICE DATE THE CANCELLATION REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED INVOICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CHARGES (INCLUDING ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ANY ORDER PROCESSED PRIOR TO THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.
- You may have the ability from time to time to purchase Subscriptions for other people through the Services (“Gifts”). Gifts are not refundable or redeemable for cash, unless required by applicable law. Gifts must be redeemed for purchases through the Services in accordance with our then-current procedures for redemption, which may require the recipient to create their own account and agree to these Terms in order to redeem the Gift.
- 5.2 Payment and Billing Information. By providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated payment method and that you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for all charges you incur for the purchase of any Subscriptions or other products (including any applicable taxes and other charges) (each such purchase, an “Order”). You are responsible for, and agree to pay, all such charges. If we or our third party payment processor cannot obtain authorization for charges to your payment method or if any amounts you authorize us to charge to your payment method are reversed or charged back for any reason, we may, at our option, in addition to any other remedies: cancel or suspend any undelivered portion of your Orders, make second and/or subsequent attempts to charge your payment method, and/or use any other lawful means to collect payment on any outstanding amounts due to us. You will remain responsible to pay all applicable charges for all Orders. You agree to provide and keep current a valid payment method. However, your failure to do so shall not constitute cancellation of any Order. In the event you want to change or update payment information associated with your ORGANIC INDIA USA account, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and editing your payment information.
- 5.4 Pricing. All prices shown via the Services are in U.S. dollars. Any applicable taxes and other charges, if any, are additional.
- 5.6 Availability. All of our Products are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any Order, to reject all or part of an Order, to discontinue offering certain Products and to substitute Products (including, but not limited to, specific food products, dietary supplements, or entire shipments) without prior notice.
- 5.7 Taxes. We will collect applicable sales tax on Products shipped to the states for which we determine we have a duty to collect sales tax. If an item is subject to sales tax, you agree that the amount of taxes shown at checkout may be adjusted. Several factors may cause this, such as variances between processor programs and changes in tax rates.
- 5.8 Shipping and Handling. You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges shown at the time you make a purchase. We reserve the right to increase, decrease, add or eliminate shipping and handling charges from time to time, but we will provide notice of the charges applicable to you before you make your purchase. Generally, shipping is handled by FedEx, however we reserve the right to utilize other shipping carriers as needed. Actual delivery dates may vary. You agree that you will not obtain, or direct shipment of, a Product for export.
- 5.9 Deliveries. We endeavor to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receipt. Orders placed Friday afternoon through Sunday will be shipped the following business day. Shipping charges are calculated based on the speed of the shipping option you chose, plus the weight of the items. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights are rounded up to the next full pound. On rare occasions, the actual shipping and handling charge may differ slightly from the quoted charge. Any order over $60 is eligible for free Ground shipping within the US. Any order discrepancies must be reported within 14 days of receipt of product. You are responsible for inspecting all Products you receive from us for any damage or other issues upon delivery. Any discrepancies can be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief description and supporting photos. If you are not at home when your delivery arrives, the courier will generally leave the package for you at your door. Any individual at the delivery address who accepts a delivery from us is presumed to be authorized to receive such delivery. In cases in which you have designated an alternative receiver, such person shall accept the delivery under all of the same terms and conditions that would apply had you accepted the delivery yourself. In the case of inclement weather or other events beyond our control that interfere with our ability to deliver your Order, we will attempt to deliver your Order as soon as reasonably possible. In some cases, delivery may occur prior to the scheduled delivery date. In the event that timely delivery of your Products is not feasible, we will cancel your delivery for the period so affected and issue you a credit or refund of the purchase price for that delivery.
- 5.10 NO RESALE. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO RESELL OR OTHERWISE USE THE PRODUCTS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
- 5.11 Returns and Refunds.
See our full Return Policy
- License to Access and Use Our Sites and Content. Unless otherwise indicated in writing by us, the Sites and all content and other materials contained therein, including, without limitation, all logos, trademarks, service marks, designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Content”) are the proprietary property of ORGANIC INDIA USA or our licensors or users, as applicable, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and/or intellectual property laws.
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Sites and Content for your own personal, non-commercial use in learning about and/or evaluating our Products and services. This grant of permission is not a transfer of title, and under this permission you may not remove any copyright, or other proprietary notations from the materials. The license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or use commercially the Sites or Content, (b) distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Content, (c) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Sites or Content, or any portion thereof, (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods, (e) download (other than the page caching) any portion of the Sites or Content, except as expressly permitted by us, and (f) use the Sites or Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of the Sites or Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including, without limitation, copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated by us, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any right or license to any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of ORGANIC INDIA USA or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, the Sites and Content may include software components provided by ORGANIC INDIA USA or a third party that are subject to separate license terms, in which case those license terms will govern such software components.
- Trademarks. ORGANIC INDIA USA, the ORGANIC INDIA USA logo and the other ORGANIC INDIA USA Product and service names, logos or slogans that may appear on the Sites or Products are trademarks or service marks of ORGANIC INDIA USA and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by you without our express prior written permission. You may not use any metatags or other “hidden text” utilizing “ORGANIC INDIA USA” or any other name, trademark or Product or service name of ORGANIC INDIA USA without our prior written permission. Unless otherwise indicated, all other names, logos, trademarks and service marks on the Sites are owned or licensed by ORGANIC INDIA USA, as the case may be, and may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, by you without our express prior written permission. The use or misuse of any of these marks or other information is strictly prohibited. You may not use any metatags or other “hidden text” utilizing “ORGANIC INDIA USA” or any other name, trademark, service mark, Product name or service name of ORGANIC INDIA USA without our express prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Sites and Products, including, without limitation, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, constitute trade dress of ORGANIC INDIA USA and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our express prior written permission. Reference to any third party products, services, processes or other information by name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by ORGANIC INDIA USA.
- Hyperlinks. ORGANIC INDIA USA makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third party websites accessible by hyperlink from the Sites or of websites linking to the Sites. Such sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our affiliation, endorsement or adoption of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Sites, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Sites.
- Third Party Content. We may display content, advertisements and promotions from third parties through the Services, including in shipments with Products (collectively, “Third Party Content”). We do not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third Party Content, including, without limitation, regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that your interactions with third parties providing Third Party Content are solely between you and such third parties, and that ORGANIC INDIA USA is not responsible or liable in any manner for such interactions or Third Party Content.
- User Conduct. You agree that you will not violate any law, contract, intellectual property or other third party right or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct, while accessing or using the Sites. You agree that you will abide by these Terms and will not: Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct; Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from such user and ORGANIC INDIA USA; Use the Sites in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Sites or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Sites in any manner; Reverse engineer any aspect of the Sites or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any Content, area or code of the Sites; Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of the Sites that you are not authorized to access; Develop any third party applications that interact with the Sites without our prior written consent; Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Sites, extract data or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of Site pages or functionality; Bypass or ignore instructions contained in the robots.txt file, that controls all automated access to the Sites; or use the Sites for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- Feedback. We love to hear from you about your ORGANIC INDIA USA experience, simply email us at email@example.com. You are always free to submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about ORGANIC INDIA USA, the Sites or the Products (collectively, “Feedback”). Feedback is non-confidential and shall become the sole property of ORGANIC INDIA USA. ORGANIC INDIA USA shall be free to use (and allow others to use) such Feedback, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights in and to such Feedback, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted dissemination of this Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- Indemnification. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ORGANIC INDIA USA, and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (individually and collectively, the “ORGANIC INDIA USA Parties”), from and against all actual or alleged third party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (collectively, “Claims”), including, but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Sites, Content or Products, (b) any Feedback you provide, (c) your violation of these Terms, (d) your violation of the rights of another, (e) any third party’s use or misuse of the Sites or Products provided to you, and (f) any User Content you create, post, share or store on or through the Sites or our pages or feeds on third party social media platforms. You agree to promptly notify ORGANIC INDIA USA of any third party Claims and cooperate with the ORGANIC INDIA USA Parties in defending such Claims. You further agree that the ORGANIC INDIA USA Parties shall have control of the defense or settlement of any third party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and ORGANIC INDIA USA.
- Disclaimers. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROPER AND SAFE HANDLING, PREPARATION, STORAGE, USE AND CONSUMPTION OF THE PRODUCTS YOU RECEIVE FROM US. AS OUTLINED IN OUR HEALTH DISCLAIMER, WE URGE THAT YOU SPEAK TO YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER BEFORE USING OUR PRODUCTS OR FOLLOWING ANY DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS OR CHANGES IN ACTIVITY LEVEL ACCOMPANYING ONE OF OUR CLEANSE PROGRAMS. ALL CLEAN PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED FOR ADULTS 18 AND OLDER. YOU ARE ALSO SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING ABOUT ANY FOOD ALLERGIES YOU MAY HAVE AND FOR VERIFYING THE PRODUCTS AND THEIR INGREDIENTS BEFORE HANDLING, PREPARING, USING OR CONSUMING SUCH PRODUCTS. FURTHER, YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PRODUCTS ARE MANUFACTURED AND PACKAGED IN FACILITIES THAT MAY PROCESS ALL MAJOR U.S. ALLERGENS (MILK, WHEAT, EGG, SOY, FISH, SHELLFISH, AND TREE NUTS) AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT CROSS-CONTAMINATION WILL NOT OCCUR BETWEEN PRODUCTS.
WE ATTEMPT TO DISPLAY PRODUCT PRICING, DESCRIPTIONS, INGREDIENT LISTS, AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION, AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, OUR SITES, THEIR CONTENTS, AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ORGANIC INDIA USA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITES, THEIR CONTENTS, AND THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THESE SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ORGANIC INDIA USA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE; (C) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THESE SITES; (D) THAT THE INFORMATION ON THESE SITES, INCLUDING NUTRITIONAL AND PRICING INFORMATION, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; OR (E) THAT THESE SITES WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
IN THE EVENT OF AN ERROR IN THE SERVICES, INCLUDING IN AN ORDER CONFIRMATION, OR IN PROCESSING OR DELIVERING AN ORDER OR OTHERWISE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT SUCH ERROR AND REVISE YOUR ORDER ACCORDINGLY (INCLUDING CHARGING THE CORRECT PRICE) OR TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND ISSUE YOU A REFUND. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE PRODUCTS AND OTHER MATERIALS YOU RECEIVE IN YOUR ORDER MAY VARY FROM THE PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS DISPLAYED ON OUR WEBSITES AND/OR MOBILE DEVICE DUE TO A NUMBER OF FACTORS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIFFERENCES IN HOW YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE DISPLAYS TEXT AND/OR IMAGES, NATURAL VARIABILITY OF PRODUCTS, PREPARATION METHODS AND VARIABILITY OF EQUIPMENT AND APPLIANCES USED.
We reserve the right to change any and all Content and to modify, suspend or stop providing access to the Sites (or any features or functionality of the Sites) and the Products at any time without notice and without obligation or liability to you. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, supplier, vendor or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by us. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms in contracts with consumers, so some or all of the disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability; Release. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ORGANIC INDIA USA OR ANY OF THE OTHER ORGANIC INDIA USA PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE, INCOME OR PROFITS, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, LOSS OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE OF ASSETS OR SECURITIES, OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITES OR CONTENT OR THE ORDER, RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THESE TERMS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY ANY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ORGANIC INDIA USA, OR FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES OR EMAILS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ORGANIC INDIA USA’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SYSTEMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SIMPLE NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE).
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ORGANIC INDIA USA AND THE OTHER ORGANIC INDIA USA PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) THE ORDER, RECEIPT OR USE OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE ORGANIC INDIA USA MARKET EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR SUCH PRODUCTS; AND (B) THE ORDER, RECEIPT OR USE OF INGREDIENTS, OR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITES OR CONTENT, EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO US FOR THE PRODUCTS. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT YOUR REMEDIES HEREUNDER FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, AND THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE ORGANIC INDIA USA AND THE OTHER ORGANIC INDIA USA PARTIES’ SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION IN RESPECT HEREOF, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SIMPLE NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, LEGAL AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, ACQUIT AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ORGANIC INDIA USA AND THE OTHER ORGANIC INDIA USA PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ORGANIC INDIA USA PARTY FOR, ALL CLAIMS YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS. IT IS NOT ORGANIC INDIA USA’S INTENT TO APPLY ANY EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION IS NOT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS WITH THE EXPRESS INTENTION OF EFFECTING THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES PROVIDED BY SECTION 1541 OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE, AND ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS OF SIMILAR EFFECT. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE 1542 (OR ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS OF SIMILAR EFFECT), WHICH STATES “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Dispute Resolution; Arbitration. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES EACH OF US TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH WE CAN SEEK RELIEF UNDER THESE TERMS. IN PARTICULAR, WE EACH AGREE TO GIVE UP OUR RIGHT TO BRING CERTAIN DISPUTES BEFORE A JURY OR RESOLVE CERTAIN CLAIMS IN COURT OR AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS ACTION.
- 16.1 Binding Arbitration. Except for any disputes, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, demands or proceedings (each, a “Dispute”) arising out of Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree (a) to waive your and ORGANIC INDIA USA’s respective rights to have any and all Disputes arising from or related to these Terms, or the Sites, Content or Products, resolved in a court, and (b) to waive your and ORGANIC INDIA USA’s respective rights to a jury trial. Instead, you and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree to arbitrate Disputes through binding arbitration (which is the referral of a Dispute to one or more persons charged with reviewing the Dispute and making a final and binding determination to resolve it instead of having the Dispute decided by a judge or jury in court) pursuant to the terms set forth in sections 16.2-16.9 below.
- 16.2 No Class Arbitrations, Class Actions or Representative Actions. You and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that any Dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or the Sites, Content or Products, except those Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, is personal to you and ORGANIC INDIA USA and that such Dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. You and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that there will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a Dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, you and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that an action seeking to resolve a Dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals.
- 16.3 Federal Arbitration Act. You and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 16 shall be both substantively and procedurally governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- 16.4 Notice; Informal Dispute Resolution. You and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that each party will notify the other party in writing of any arbitrable or small claims Dispute within thirty (30) days of the date it arises, so that the parties can attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute informally. Notice to ORGANIC INDIA USA shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice must include (a) your name, postal address, telephone number, the email address you use or used for your ORGANIC INDIA USA account and, if different, an email address at which you can be contacted with respect to the Dispute, (b) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (c) the specific relief that you are seeking. Our notice to you will be sent electronically in accordance with Section 3 and will include (x) our name, postal address, telephone number and an email address at which we can be contacted with respect to the Dispute, (y) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (z) the specific relief that we are seeking. If you and ORGANIC INDIA USA cannot agree how to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the date notice is received by the applicable party, then either you or ORGANIC INDIA USA may, as appropriate and in accordance with this Section 16, commence an arbitration proceeding or, to the extent specifically provided for in Section 16.1, file a claim in court.
- 16.5 Process. Except for Disputes arising out of or related to Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that any Dispute must be commenced or filed by you or ORGANIC INDIA USA within one (1) year of the date the Dispute arose, otherwise the underlying claim is permanently barred (which means that you and ORGANIC INDIA USA will no longer have the right to assert such claim regarding the Dispute). You and ORGANIC INDIA USA agree that (a) any arbitration will occur in the State of Colorado, City of Boulder, (b) arbitration will be conducted confidentially by a single arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) available at https://www.jamsadr.com/adr-rules-procedures/, which are hereby incorporated by reference, and (c) that the state or federal courts of the State of Colorado and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of Colorado, have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. You may also litigate a Dispute in the small claims court located in the county of your billing address if the Dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court.
- 16.6 Authority of Arbitrator. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the applicable JAMS rules, the arbitrator will have (a) the exclusive authority and jurisdiction to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding a Dispute, including the determination of whether a Dispute is arbitrable, and (b) the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- 16.7 Rules of JAMS. The rules of JAMS and additional information about JAMS are available on the JAMS website. By agreeing to be bound by these Terms, you either (a) acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS, or (b) waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
- 16.8 Severability. If any term, clause or provision of this Section 16 is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms, clauses and provisions of this Section 16 will remain valid and enforceable. Further, the waivers set forth in Section 16 are severable from the other provisions of these Terms and will remain valid and enforceable, except as prohibited by applicable law.
- 16.9 Opt-Out Right. You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within thirty (30) days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 16 by emailing email@example.com. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration.
- Governing Law and Venue. These Terms, your access to and use of the Sites and your order, receipt, use of the Products and resolution of Disputes shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any Dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration pursuant to Section 16 or cannot be heard in small claims court, shall be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of New York and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of Colorado, City of Boulder.
- Termination. Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use the Sites and to order, receive and use the Products, at any time and for any or no reason, and you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such event and that you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts that you have already paid to us, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Severability. If any term, clause or provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, then that term, clause or provision will be severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining part of that term, clause or provision, or any other term, clause or provision of these Terms.
- Survival. The following sections will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and the termination of your ORGANIC INDIA USA account: all defined terms and Sections 1, 5, 7-21.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and ORGANIC INDIA USA relating to your access to and use of the Sites and your order, receipt and use of Products. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of ORGANIC INDIA USA. No waiver of any provision of these Terms will constitute a waiver of such provision in any prior, concurrent or subsequent circumstance, and ORGANIC INDIA USA’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
Organic India USA, LLC (“OIUSA”) expressly warrants that the Organic India products it exclusively sells or permits authorized resellers to sell in the United States (collectively, the “Products”) will be free of material defects in manufacturing, material, or workmanship under normal use, consumption, and preparation during the applicable Warranty Period (as defined below), subject to conditions contained in this limited warranty (the “Limited Warranty”). OIUSA does not warrant, and is not responsible for, any product other than Products sold by OIUSA or resellers authorized by OIUSA (an “Authorized Reseller”) who procured the Products from OIUSA and complied with OIUSA’s terms and conditions. This Limited Warranty will apply only to Products sold by OIUSA or an Authorized Reseller that is contractually subject to and follows OIUSA’s quality controls to a direct consumer of the Products (“Consumer”), unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law.
The Limited Warranty shall apply to each Product until the earlier of: (a) the Product’s expiration date listed on the Product or the Product’s packaging or (b) ninety (90) days from the date of purchase of the Product by a Consumer (the “Warranty Period”). Following the Product’s expiration date, the Product will no longer be covered by the Limited Warranty.
SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
If a manufacturing, material or workmanship defect arises regarding any Product and a valid claim is received by OIUSA no later than sixty (60) calendar days after the expiration of the applicable Warranty Period, OIUSA will, in its discretion: (1) refund the cost of the Product or (2) replace the Product with a product that is the same or similar to the Product returned to OIUSA under this Limited Warranty. OIUSA will make every effort to replace OIUSA limited edition or specialty Products or discontinued Products but cannot guarantee their availability for replacement. Any OIUSA limited edition or specialty Products or discontinued Products still under its applicable Limited Warranty that cannot be replaced with an identical product will be replaced with the equivalent or substantially similar product based on availability. Replacement Products are warranted as above only for the remainder of the original applicable Warranty Period. In the event of a defect, the remedies explicitly provided herein shall be Consumer’s sole and exclusive remedies. This Limited Warranty is extended only to the original end-use Consumer, and will not be extended to any other person or transferee.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Except for the remedies expressly set forth above or to the extent restricted or prohibited by applicable law, the Consumer shall bear the risk as to the quality and performance of the Products, and the Consumer assumes the entire costs associated with the Products should the Products prove defective following their purchase. In addition to and without limiting the generality of the foregoing disclaimers, this Limited Warranty does not, under any circumstance, cover defects resulting from: normal wear and tear of the packaging, improper storage of the Products, or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Product; cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents on packaging unless such failure has occurred due to a defect in manufacturing, materials or workmanship; improper or unreasonable use or maintenance; failure to follow consumption instructions; accident; excess moisture; insects; damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, excessively hot temperature, excessive cold temperature, or other external cause; unauthorized alteration or modification of original condition; damages caused by inadequate packing or shipping procedures that are beyond the control of OIUSA or its Authorized Resellers; damages caused by use in combination with non-OIUSA products; and products purchased from any sellers other than Authorized Resellers that are not subject to OIUSA’s quality controls.
FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY AN APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW OR REGULATION IN THEIR STATE, THE BENEFITS TO CONSUMER UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES OF CONSUMER UNDER SUCH LAWS OR REGULATIONS. SUCH BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES OR RIGHTS RELATING TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT AND REMEDIES APPLICABLE IN THE EVENT OF A DEFECT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL BE INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS THAT APPLY TO CONSUMER IN ANY STATE, AND ANY PROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY THAT CONFLICTS WITH ANY SUCH CONSUMER RIGHTS OR BENEFITS IS NOT APPLICABLE TO CONSUMERS COVERED BY SUCH LAW OR REGULATION, SO THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET OUT IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY MAY NOT APPLY, OR MAY NOT FULLY APPLY, TO CONSUMER.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, EACH PRODUCT IS PROVIDED SOLELY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND OIUSA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OIUSA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF SUCH DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS NOT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DURATION OF SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCT AS SET FORTH ABOVE. SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO CONSUMER. IF APPLICABLE LAW SPECIFIES A MINIMUM WARRANTY PERIOD THAT IS LONGER THAN THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THEN THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO SUCH APPLICABLE LAW WILL BE CONFORMED TO THE MINIMUM PERIOD SO REQUIRED. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES CONSUMER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND CONSUMER MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND PROVINCE TO PROVINCE AND FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT, UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, WILL OIUSA, ITS DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, OR AUTHORIZED RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO CONSUMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF VALUE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED IN OR WITH THE PRODUCT, OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED IN OR WITH THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF OIUSA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT CONSUMER MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED HEREIN AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE), THE ENTIRE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OIUSA AND ANY OF ITS DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AND/OR AUTHORIZED RESELLERS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CONSUMER FOR ANY PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCESS
To submit a warranty claim, visit firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-550-8332 Any warranty claims must be made by Consumer no later than sixty (60) calendar days after the expiration of the applicable Warranty Period. We may ask you to send us a photograph of your Product to validate the claim and, in some cases, we may ask that you return the product to OIUSA for inspection. OIUSA reserves the right to charge a shipping and handling fee in connection with the evaluation and fulfillment of any warranty claim.